That person who uses the system should know about the signs of a dying CPU. The full form of the CPU is a central processing unit. It is the main component of the system which processes instructions. The main duty of the CPU is to process the data and produces output. It performs as the brain of the computer. With the help of Ted Hoff and others in the year, 1970 the first CPU was developed at intel. The arithmetic logic unit and Control unit are the two core components of the CPU.
It is clear that how important the CPU is. However, the functioning of the computer is under the control of the CPU. Your computer will refuse to work if your CPU fails. So users have to be careful with the CPU. Moreover, you have to be well aware of the signs of CPU failure.
What are the signs of a dying CPU
Here comes the question how do I know if my CPU is dying. Your computer will show some signs to let you know that there is some issue. The signs your processor is dying is featuring below:
Issues while booting up your system
This is one of the signs of a dying CPU. If your system is not working when you turn on the computer. However, there are many reasons for having issues while booting. It happens if the software installation is not proper Failure in updating and the corruption of drive is another reason. Similarly, infections by malware and virus and corruption in the register can also cause issues. If the system is not properly shut down when there is a power failure.
Steps to solve this issue:
- Firstly, you can quickly fix this issue by using the start-up repair feature that includes in windows 10.
- Secondly, to use this feature you need the have latest startup settings
- Now turn on your system and then press the power button once the window log appears
- You have to repeat the same step two more times
- Finally, by the third interruption, you can access the start-up repair feature.
- However, if your startup repair is not working then there is an issue with your motherboard
- Or there is a processor failure.
If your system shuts down immediately- signs of a dying CPU
Lagging of the system is another signs of CPU failure. You can simply solve this problem by deleting some programs and clearing the browser cache. To create more space, you can also defragment your hard drive. However, after doing all this and still, there is lagging, then it is my CPU dying
Reasons why is my processor dying
- If there is a sudden increase in the temperature while you are turning on the PC.
- If your CPU is with high voltage electricity while you are starting your PC.
- There is a safeguard for CPU against excessive heat,
- The CPU will shut down itself if the safeguard cannot manage the heat.
- If this happens repeatedly then it is signs of a dying CPU
- See whether the fan on the CPU cooler is working or not
- Check whether your water pump is ticking over if you use a water cooler
- If it is working then you should be able to hear the pump on the top of the CPU.
- Another reason for the destruction of the CPU is a defective power supply.
The blue screen of death –error messages
If something happens unexpectedly, then BSoDs will appear on your computer screen. These are error messages to protect your system. It identifies those serious issues which are harmful to the hardware. It will immediately close all the programs if it senses some issue.
This is also one of the signs of a dying CPU. Poorly written device drivers are one of the reasons behind the BSoDs.Another reason for the occurrence of the BSoDs is hardware malfunctioning. This includes faulty memory, power supply issues, overheating of components. If the specification limits of running hardware exceed then also this happens.
What to do to solve this:
- Firstly you have to identify what you were doing before the system gets shut down
- If you install a new program or update a driver or windows then this occurs
- Secondly, to solve this you have to uninstall the apps. However, these apps should not be the requirement for the installation of windows 10 upgrade.
- Moreover, you have to disconnect all the unnecessary hardware.
- If the error appears after installing a device driver then uninstall system updates, drivers, and apps
- Setting up the blue screen with System Restore
- Finally, Make sure to start your computer in safe mode.
- If none of this works then it is a sign of a dying CPU.
How to tell if CPU is dying with overheating
When your fan is running at maximum speed then your computer will be overheating. This will lead to a CPU failure. When there is heat the CPU cuts back its clock speed for compensating for the pressure. To prevent hardware damage the system shut down when the heat is too much
Steps for avoiding overheating
- Make sure to keep your computer neat and clean
- Moreover, Clean your tower up once every few months.
- Give some space to your system. See whether something is obstructing the airflow
- However, If you find something then replace it immediately.
- Frequently clean your fans with a duster or cleaner. This will help in producing optimum airflow.
Some of the reasons for the failure of the CPU
Age is the main reason for the failure of CPU. Every machine has got some life span. After this, it will start dying. Overlocking can also result in damage to the CPU. There will be an increase in the heat if the clock speeds get faster. If this happens frequently then your CPU will die soon. There are situations where there is a sudden increase in the temperature. In such cases, the CPU slows down or shuts down.
The signs of a dying CPU will be visible to you. So never skip these signs. Try to do all the necessary things to protect your CPU.
Read more:The 5 best keyboards for small hands